The railway station in Slangerup was built to the opening of the Copenhagen-Slangerup Line 1906 by admiral Andreas du Plessis de Richelieu.
The architect was Heinrich Wenck - the most famous Danish designer for buildings to Danish railways and the style is "national-romantic".
The railway line closed down 1954, but the building continued to function as the local post office. During the 1990'ies the building was out of use and ended up very close to total destruction.
In 2004 the foundation "Mariehjemmene" took over the building and renewed it completely. Today it is one of the most remarkable eksamples of architect Heinrich Wenck's designs.
Last updated byVisitNordsjælland firstname.lastname@example.org
- only visible from the outside
City / Area
- disability limitations
- coach/truck parking
- dogs allowed
- tables / benches
CoordinatesLongtitude : 12.17568
Latitude : 55.844402